Saturday, February 7, 2015

Islam teaches Manners to observe while meeting your women folk

The saying of Allaah:

{ O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those within them; that is better for you, in order that you may remember. } [An Noor: 27]
 
Ibn Katheer comments:


Hushaym stated: Ash’ath ibn Suwwaar narrated to us…that ibn Mas’ood said: “It is upon you to take permission when entering upon your mothers and your sisters.”

Ash’ath said: On the authority of ‘Adee ibn Thaabit who said: A woman from the Ansaar said to the Messenger – صلى الله عليه و سلم -:

“O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes I am in a state at home in which I do not like anyone to see me in, not my father nor my sons, but men amongst my relatives keep walking in on me while I am in that state.”

So the following verse was revealed:

{ O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those within them... }

‘Ataa ibn Abee Rabaah asked Ibn ‘Abbaas: “Should I seek permission for entering upon my orphaned sisters who live with me in the same home?”

He replied: “Yes.”

So I repeated the question so that he may permit me but he refused saying:

“Would you accept to see her unclothed?”

I said: “No.”

He said: “Then seek permission.”

So I repeated myself again, he said:



“Do you wish to obey Allaah?”

I said: “Yes.”

He said: “Then seek permission.”


Ibn Jurayj stated: Ibn Tawoos narrated to me on the authority of his father who said: “There is not a woman whom I hate to see naked more than a one who is a Mahram.” He used to be strict in that.

Ibn Jurayj also stated on the authority of az Zuhree that Huzayl ibn Shurahbeel al Awdee al ‘Amaa who heard ibn Mas’ood saying: “It is upon you to take permission when entering upon your mothers.”

Ibn Jurayj stated: I asked ‘Ataa: “Should a man take permission when entering upon his wife?”
He said: “No.”

This means that it is not obligated, otherwise it is better to let her know and not surprise her because she may be in a state in which she dislikes him to see her in.
Abu Ja’far ibn Jareer stated: Al Qaasim narrated to us…on the authority of Zaynab may Allaah be pleased with her who said: “When ‘Abdullaah returned from an outing and was at the door, he would loudly clear his throat and spit for fear that he would enter upon a situation that he dislikes.” The chain is authentic.

Ibn Abee Haatim stated: Ahmad ibn Seenaan al Waasitee narrated to us…on the authority of Abu Hurayrah who said: “When ‘Abdullaah entered his home, he would take permission and speak raising his voice.”

Mujaahid stated concerning {..until you have taken permission…}. He said: Clearing your throat.

Al Imaam Ahmad stated: If a man enters his home, it is recommended for him to clear his throat or make noise with his sandals.